From:
DRhoads2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:03:54 -0000
I have been following the debate on MF #24.  I have not yet entered the
debate because I have not received my issue yet but I can keep quiet no
longer.  While I don't agree with the way it was said, I agree
wholeheartedly with the contents of Bob's post.  I have had the pleasure
of meeting Mary and Eric at a recent show and in my opinion they are
exactly what they say they are: People who own and love ferrets trying to
help people that own and love ferrets.  ( I got to see Marshmellow in
person to and pet him.  It was great.  I asked for an autograph but he
declined with a yawn.)

I will not tolerate any person who thinks that they know better what I
should read and not read.  I also cannot tolerate a person or persons
removing a magazine from the shelves just because they do not like it,
therefore since they don't like it no one should read it.  As I remember
this is still a free country and the choice should be mine not some goody
goody person who knows what they think is better for me.

I have read Ferret magazine and I find the articles not as well written
nor informative as the articles in MF.  Also I seriously doubt that the
publishers of this magazine own ferrets or even care about them and their
owners.  Their interest is solely to get ferret people to buy as many
magazines as they can to make money out of it.  Now I myself perfer Modern
Ferret and do not subscribe to Ferret magazine nor will I.

I will continue to subscribe to MF magazine whether I like the centerfold
or not because I like the magazine and will not cancel it because I don't
like one issue.  Even I know that tastes differ and my tastes may not be
the same as the next person, but I will not force those tastes on anyone
else.  I do look forward to getting my issue though.

To Mary and Eric I applaud your work and hope that you will continue to
excell in the furture as you have in the past.

Dennis
The Terror Ten

PS Anyone who wishes to flame , please feel free as I will exercise my free
right to read and delete the message as I see fit.