From:
Ken Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 21:41:19 -0800
Just saw a question and vet response about this "Red worms in poop" thing
and had to respond.

I haven't mentioned this before cause I was kinda ashamed, but just about a
week ago I bought my ferts a toy that they just loved.  It came in a package
of three of these things.  Each was a colored feather attached to the end of
a long thin plastic tube.  There was a red one & a blue one & a yellow one
in the package.  When I opened this package, I took out the red one first
(OK, I know one of you real psychological types out there gonna tell me why
I picked the 'red' one first, so just goes right ahead and tell me, you's
might even consider this here an invitation for some of that phsycological
kinda stuff).

Anyhows, I knew right off this wasn't going to be no toy to leave layin'
around so I found me a place to hang it on the wall when I wasn't playing
with them with it.  And I thought I'd been watchin' them real close every
time we played with it.  I'd wiggle it across the floor and they'd chase it
and jump on it.  I thought I was being real careful that they didn't tear
off any of those little "red" stringy feathers.  But a couple of days later
I was cleaning their cage and I saw these long thin red things in one these
guys poop.  So I grabs me my surgical glaves and my gas mask and I starts
dissecting these here fert poops.  At first these little red thingies look
like long, red worms, but on closer inspection (confirmed BTW thru extensive
testing at the Mayo clinic) they's just dyed bird feathers.

Well, this here red feather toy is still hanging on the wall.  And unless'n
these two figgers out how to climb six foot straight up a bare wall, they's
guys ain't getting to play with it again.

Just thought I'd mention this in case those red wormie thingies mights be
feathers.  At first I sure thoughts they was worms.

Ken & Bilbo & Missy