From:
Deana Beek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 08:30:49 -0500
>I received the following mail today, it so infuriated me that I have simply
>forwarded it.  If I tried to write it down I would be flying to Sweden ...

Well it infuriated me too, but for more reasons than just the incomplete
spays.

>Sure enough, the G-d damned Swedes had removed her uterus and left her
>ovaries.  I know, that for a fact cause I was there and I watched those
>ovaries come out, and there was NO uterus in there either!  It seems that
>is common practice in Sweden for show dogs and some dolts figured it out
>to work on wizzles too.

Well, I couldn't just stand by and not say anything about this....I must
comment.

I first off would like to stand up for the Swedes!  I know there are many
nice ones out there and despite the fact that this person was angry....the
generalization and comment made by this person in reference to Swedes was
totally uncalled for!

I know the frustration that this person has experienced because I HAD the
same experience with my two imports.  (Uterus was removed and ovaries still
intact) I can tell you it was a nightmare!  However, if you want to be mad
then be mad at the VET that is butchering these ferrets!!  Don't take it out
on all Swedes.  Be mad at the BREEDER that is allowing this to happen.  And
even if that comment in reference to Swedes wasn't meant to offend, it is
offensive....and I will not just stand by and not speak up.

Don't get me wrong....it sickens me that ferrets are being imported with
incomplete spays!  I am very angry about it and if I knew who the breeder
was of my 2 imports and could find out who spayed them I would be having a
few choice words with those individuals.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get
answers.  I would like to know "WHY" this is happening.  It is very
important that people know and be aware of this problem....but, please keep
in mind that we are all in this together and we are all share one common
interest...FERRETS.  So lets try to respect eachother and address problems
where the problem IS rather than "name calling" and generalizing about
others.  If we work together rather than "name calling" etc.  we would get
alot more accomplished and a lot more of these practices stopped.

-Deana-  ([log in to unmask])