From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 11:31:16 -0700
It's coming that time of year to have the fireplace going.  Our fireplace
has an enclosed glass for protection, but this glass will get hot.  The
only option I know of is to let the ferret's out at night in the bedroom
instead of the frontroom.  Is there any other option?

Someone posted about helping shelter's by taking some of their ferret's so
the shelter is not as crowded.  Many have mentioned the ferret get's
depressed when separated from the new found temporary home.  I wonder why
ferret's are so different then other animals in this manner?  We all know
ferret's like new surroundings.  Real kids in life have friends, teachers
who may or may not be around forever, but they still go on.  Hope this
makes sense.  So I also would like to know why shelter's won't foster out
or let another shelter take a few ferret's?  My thinking would be, the
smaller the shelter kids the more attention and love they would get.  As
this person mentioned, some ferret's are sturdy enough to be moved.  Look
at all the people giving their ferret's away and they still live on..  We
had one ferret pass away who was a cagemate and the other did just fine.
Maybe it was because there were three other's for her to play with.  This
one who lived was very protective of the other to the point it was so so
cute to watch her protecting the other.

Does anyone know the actual size of kit front canine teeth at 4-5-6 months?
I'm sure the measurements might be abit off, but wonder if their were an
actual size so people can tell if a ferret is 4, 5 or 6 months old.

Debbie