From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:39:20 -0500
With the messages of unexpected tragedies I've been thinking about how I
spend my time.  I'm pretty much on the go when I'm home, doing chores,
cleaning house, making recipe, etc., but I always take time out to hug,
cuddle, or tickle anyone asking.  The past two nights I've set aside
special time to just play.  I lay down on the bed and grab a couple ferrets
and before you know it there are 5 or 6 others coming up to play.  Normally
only 1 or 2 will come up to play so with 6+ ferrets bouncing, blanket
tunneling, pillow tunneling, sneaking up on me, it is tons of fun.  I think
it might be my giggles that bring them out.  Last night I was playing with
one, and it wasn't long before Skitzy and Ramsey came out to see what was
going on.  They looked up at me on the bed, which only caused me to go into
another fit of giggles, and finally got brave enough to join the fun.  It
wasn't long till Tiny and Silver joined the fun too.  Even grumpy Clyde
joined our little play group.

As busy as life is, it is so very important to "stop and play with the
ferrets".  Sometimes we get ourselves bogged down with worries or tasks.
Life is much too precious and too short to spend it worrying or feeling
ill.  Laughter and love are wonderful healers of hearts, minds, and yes
even the body.

Now when I get home I hurry through chores (most of the little ones are
still sleeping when I arrive home) so that we can have our special
playtime. :-)  And if they are ready before chores are done?  Well...
chores can wait because I'm spending my time with the ferrets!

Hugs to all. tle