From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 12:14:28 -0400
VEGETARIAN FERRETS
>Not just for us humans, but for our vegetarian ferrets, too.

I hope you were referring to ferrets who prefer fruity-flavored _treats_.
As you know, ferrets are obligate carnivores.  They simply cannot thrive on
a non-carnivorous diet.  Please be sure that you are feeding your ferrets a
food that contains a minimum of 32% protein and a minimum of %18 fat.  The
first few ingredients listed on the label should be meat or meat by-products
(usually poultry).  Corn and other vegetable products should not be listed
within the first few ingredients.  Commonly recommended foods include
Totally Ferret, Innova Kitten, and Iams Kitten; check out the Ferret Store
(http://www.theferretstore.com), if you're looking for these products (no,
I'm not affiliated with the Ferret Store).

Cheers,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
[log in to unmask] (home) or [log in to unmask] (work)