From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:52:31 -0500
Saw a piece in the Miami Herald today that I found interesting.  Seems
Weston, FL (just north of Miami, around Ft. Lauderdale I think) is
proposing a two animal limit for pet owners.  That's two of any one
species.  So I guess you could still have 100 animals as long as there
wasn't more than 2 of any particular species.

In addition, the article stated... "Cows, chickens, ducks, horses and wild
animals like alligators or wild ferrets are out."

Jeesh, here we go again.  Or maybe that means it doesn't apply to domestic
ferrets?  In that case, I guess you can't have a Black-Footed Ferret in
Weston.

If anyone living in that area (or anywhere else in the country for that
matter) would like to call Weston's City Hall and give them a clue or find
out more, the number is 954-385-2000.  The meeting to discuss this proposal
is next Tuesday.  BIG, giving out the phone number shouldn't be a problem.
Freedom of information and all.  :-)

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC