Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:02:15 -0600
Thanks.  Just about the time that I think I maybe should try to get mine
vaccinated, etc., someone sends me quite compelling evidence against it.
I recently got a testimony of unheard of longevity in ferrets (16 years!)
with zero vaccinations and other medications, so now, once again, I
wonder.  This makes me also wonder: What's the longest a ferret has ever
lived?

Keeping them indoors and safe has always been my way; first with my cats,
and now with my ferrets.  I realize that *things* can be "tracked in"
that I have no control over, but *I* could also meet my end crossing the
busy highway that I must cross every day, too, so why worry?  I don't
quit crossing the highway, nor do I hire a cab to take me across, "in
case something might happen".  Dad always taught me that "Worry is the
interest you pay for things which usually don't come to pass".

So, though there is compelling evidence for immunization, there is also
equally compelling evidence against it.  Meanwhile, finances still
dictate what's happening (or not) here, so I'll not worry needlessly
about things I have little control over.

Gary, Bart and Victoria