From:
Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 23:16:19 EDT
On a happier note about the show than my last post, I wanted to let
everyone know that White Russian took a first, second and seventh place
in the alter ring!

That boy was so popular at the show!  People were always around his cage...
admiring him and wanting to hold him.  Some even asked if they could have
pictures taken with them!  I had people come to me and say "I was told to
come and ask to see White Russian." Wow!

I had the great joy of meeting one of White Russian's grandkits, too!  What
a doll!  He looked amazingly like White Russian.  Karen, who adopted him
from Flemming Farms after seeing Russian at the pet show in the spring,
took some pictures of them together.  I can't wait to see them!  Panda Bear
is a handsome guy...just like his Grandpa, LOL.

I was truly thrilled by the outpouring of love and happiness when White
Russian took a blue ribbon.  I went outside to tell a friend, who was
waiting in her car, about his ribbon and she asked "Is that what that roar
was?" So many people were crying tears of joy and hugging me...even those
who had ferrets he had been judged against.  My heart was overflowing.

I know there are ferrets even more handsome than White Russian...and there
are better show ferrets, but he is unique in that everyone who sees him,
loves him.  His personality is so mellow and sweet.  The poor baby was
exhausted from all the attention, but he never got irritable or nippy.  He
is a great ambassador for ferrets.  I think White Russian personifies all
that we love in our fuzzies.  I am truly blessed to be owned by him.

Thank you to everyone at the show who was so thrilled that he won a first
place!

I just wish Charmin' Charlie hadn't just had surgery...he's such a
wonderful boy, too.

Judy