From:
Ian Yeung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 18:44:01 -0400
Hi,

I'd like to thank everyone who's given me great advice about how to handle
chinchillas and ferrets.  It sometimes scares me a bit to know that
chinchillas were killed by ferrets in some households, but I know it's part
of the fuzzies' instinct and it's entirely not their fault.  In the future
I'd definitely keep my chins away from my ferret.  And Pam, I totally agree
with you, not all chinchillas are defenseless!  My 4-year-old female Snowy
is one of the crankiest chins I've ever seen, she never hesitates to
screech at me whenever there's something she's not happy with.  IF I really
let her interact with a ferret kit (which I won't), I'd be more worried
about the fuzzy...

Once again thanks for your kind advice,
Ian