From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:49:37 -0500
This is not a recent issue.  A few months ago, while surfing the web, I read
an article about a family coming to California from out of the country.
They were coming for a job, and had a pet ferret.  They asked the American
consulate (I think, my details are a little sketchy) in the country they
were coming from and were told that they could bring their ferret to the US
if s/he had appropriate shots and proof of this.

When they entered CA, their ferret was confiscated and they were told that
they were illegal in California.  They wanted to make arrangements to send
the ferret back to family at home or to someone in this country that would
take care of it, but the authorities at that time weren't letting the family
make these arrangements.

This is all the information I remember and I have been trying for a couple
of weeks to find the original article or further information.

Does anyone else know anything about this?

Debbie & Jim
Pixie (The one in charge)