From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 08:33:46 -0400
Sukie wrote
>The level of neglect was not enough for legal action, but was enough to
>kill.

What an indictment of our society, that an animal can be neglected to
death without legal ramifications!

A reminder to Ohio residents: Senate Bill 221 and House Bill 480 would
define companion animal as ANY animal kept inside a residential dwelling,
and would define and stiffen the penalties for neglect or cruelty to
companion animals.  I urge you to contact your house and senate
representatives and ask them to support this bill.

Ohio currently has the weakest animal cruelty laws in the US, mostly due
to pressure from the agricultural lobby.

To look up the bills and your representatives, go to
http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/search.cfm

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH