From:
"Tara C. Radford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:44:06 -0800
I posted a while back how our Clubs Co/ Founders' kit (11 months, Marshall
farm) had tested Positive for ADV ....she has since left for the Bridge;(
(Sonja,we LOVED you...)  Now yet another member (Clubmedferrets) had her 9
month old kit from Marshalls test Positive...

On our Club alone...since then...2 MORE members had purchased Marshall
ferrets the same age.Thank God Katie tested!  Finally it's getting
through!!!  Most of our Members are now testing...I just read here about
someone buying a 9 month old Marshall kit,my Heart sank.... ADV can
kill....Without testing you may be bringing an infected ferret home....!!
Just because a ferret is a baby and just arrived at the Pet Store does
NOT mean it's ADV free....(we just proved that!)

I'm not naming Marshalls,however a DR at Avecon labs (ADV tests) told me
that other than getting it at birth it takes about 6 weeks to show on a
test....after exposure.....we're talking a 9 week old kit here folks....
correct me if i'm wrong but that would place the ferret at about 3 weeks
or younger when the Virus hit.Where WAS that ferret at 3 weeks??

Case closed.

Comments are appreciated....

Educate yourselves...PLEASE test?????

As i said before.....the ferret you save may be your own.....or mine...
We MUST STOP this!!!!!!  WE can only bury our heads in the sand for so

Lots of Love and PLEASE SUPPORT ADV Research...!!!!!!
Tara