From:
"Muldoon, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:18:08 -0500
>From: sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: strange ferret mention
>
>http://news.com.com/Ferreting+out+copyright+scofflaws/2100-1012_3-530396
>6.html
>Hmmm, given all of our ferrets' stashes and joy of life doesn't a ferret
>seem a WEIRD mascot for major control freaks?

Suppose whoever concocted this idea envisions the weasel climbing onto
computer desks and making off with pirate CDs or floppies?  Hmmm...can I
train my desk-climbing Felix to read labels so I can hire him out?  :-)

I read the article and snickered at the irony that these folks picked a
_thief_ for their mascot!  Some people will object to associating a fuzzy
with the copyright/piracy police.  However, I am glad the organization
seems to recognize the ferret as a virtuous, popular animal, not the
tongue-biting, baby-chewing evil incarnate that our enemies make it out
to be.

Dr. Dan
Omaha, NE