Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:06:46 -0400
Hi fellow FML'ers!!

Recently my little Crash Man was diagnosed with insulinoma. This
didn't surprise me because he's 6 years of age. I told my vet I wanted
Prednisolone and not Prednisone compounded due to the liver issues.
When the vet compounded the Pred they mixed it with Pet Tinic. I
questioned that since Pet Tinic has glucose in it. Now, am I not
wrong but if a ferret has insulinoma, feeding him the glucose just
exasperates the condition? I mean I know you want their sugars to be
higher but won't the sugar he's been getting in the Pet Tinic possibly
show false higher levels when his BG is taken? I have since called my
vet and am going to get the Prednisolone compounded at Taylor's
pharmacy in a sugar free mix.

What do you have yours compounded with? I hear that ferretone is sugar
free but then I hear discrepancies of that as well. If anyone has any
input with this subject I would greatly appreciate it.

Kim

Stinky Pete's
Ferret Retreat
http://floridaferrets.webs.com/