From:
"T. S. Pegues" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 06:50:32 -0400
Ok.  After much advice and info seeking, I decided to start mixing this
new crytal litter with the yesterday's news recycled newspaper pellet
stuff.  (I use the rabbit variety, as its a larger pellet and about $2
less expensive).

After reading the crystals packages, i found that they're all pretty much
the same.  Mostly silica and water.  I chose a brand WITHOUT fragrance.  I
started with just a small scoop mixed in (about 1:6).  The kids thought it
was pretty and decorated the cage with litter.  SO, I mixed it again, and
added a little "leftover" used litter to it so they got the idea.  They
got the idea the same day.  I noticed a good decrease in the urine odor
right away.

After two weeks, I've upped the mix to about 1:4.  It works great, and I
have virtually no odor, even on the days when I work late and dont get to
the box til the next day.  You know, three kids can make their mess.  I'm
happy with this mix, and wouldn't increase the mix, if you choose it.  The
stuff is a bit expensive, and not so good with solid waste, but its great
at soaking up and (i guess) nuetralizing the urine.  They have had no
reaction to it, and our hit rate is still 100%.

Now, what can i put down under the door to make it unattactive so they
wont want to dig there, or at least not damage the carpet?  Any ideas?

Best wishes all!
Scott & Bandit, Toes, and Sox.