From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:44:39 -0500
Barb & Sheila, I'm so very sorry for the passing of your babies, and for
anyone else who's lost a fuzzie.

Randy, right on!

I have to tell a couple of funny stories.  Our daughter is in the marching
band, and the symphonic band at her high school  She was preparing for her
final in band, and was practicing at home.  Well, everyone had been telling
about their fuzzies and music, and Sara was upstairs just playing away.  I
snuck up the stairs so as not to disturb her, but to see what the fuzzbutts
were doing.  First, she had to peel half of them off her legs because they
wanted to inspect her, the trombone, the music & stand, and see if they
could steal her timer thingy (hey-I forgot what its called,ok????)  Well,
this had been accomplished, and she was playing. Mookie was racing around,
jumping sideways and having a blast while she played.  I went into our
bedroom and there's Calvin & Suzy's heads sticking out from under the
blankets, staring fixedly at the door to the spare room where she was.
Either they were transfixed or they were willing her to stop playing!

During finals week the kid got sick in the middle of the night.  Normally
her bedroom door is shut, but she'd been up and down all night, and she
hadn't shut it totally.  Me, not knowing she'd been up most of the night,
did not check the door but let the tiny terrorists out for their morning
romp and round of merry mayhem.  Sara said she thought it was her cat
making noise and yelled "Shut up, Sarabi!" Then suddenly she hears all this
little chuckling/dooking, looks down at the foot of the bed and there are
four furry faces popping up over the end of the bed.  She said she like to
killed herself getting up and catching them to get them out.  See, she's a
teen, and her room is, well, like a black hole in outer space most of the
time, either that or it looks like an military obstacle course for
trainees!  In other words, definitely not ferret proofed.

Now, for what I'm about to say, just don't send me any flames, or flames on
the FML.  Let's end this jabbing, finger pointing, oh my how could you
thing now, ok?  Some people admit they can't afford, at the moment, to take
their fuzzies to the vets.  Before anyone goes stomping on them, take a few
minutes to think.  Perhaps when they got their babies they could, and due
to job loss, cuts in pay, etc. at this moment they can't do it, especially
if the vet won't let them make payments.  I know--been there, done that,
facing that with my husband and his job at this moment.  So please, let's
just cut all this out and get back to being what this is supposed to be---a
forum to discuss our babies, tell the good and the bad stories, and not run
around and knock/slam/flame people for lack of cash, beliefs, etc.  (Sorry
Bill, had to vent here)

Rebecca & the other two slaves
Socks--Where is my gravy???
Kit--Socks, how come your so grumpy all of a sudden?
Genie--Oh momma--bring that arm a little closer, licklick CHOMP
Scully-Ah, Genie, you don't do it right,  Roll over on your back and giver
'er "Bambi eyes"
Suzy Derkins--Is she playing music again
Calvin---You will play something else, you will play something else
Mookie---Dance Fever!  Hey, Sara, know any disco music??
Chewie, Dribble, Sarabi & Tigger--cats just know how to ignore noise.

=======================
Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences
School Veterinary Medicine
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1246
Phone:   765-494-8632
Fax:     765-494-0781
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"