From:
Duck lite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:38:00 EST
One of the big Canadian Farms uses an "X", another uses a red dot (Triple F
Farms isn't the only red dot.) Path Valley does not tatoo.  I would
personally love to see more ferretries microchipping, even if it does add a
few dollars to the cost of the ferret (I honestly think people wouldn't
care).  It would certainly help us shelters determine age, ownership in case
of found ferrets, and some history on the ferrets.  There are a couple of
shelters who are now chipping all ferrets who come in.  We haven't gotten
there yet, but are looking into it.

-Anne