From:
Tracy Wharton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 05:22:34 GMT
I was talking to my hairdresser about what would be a good shampoo to use on
a ferret.  I told him that currently I was using the Body Shop Baby Shampoo
and he told me that the only thing about baby shampoo that is gentle is the
reaction it has on eyes.  Apparently baby shampoo is formulated to be very
alkaline as eyes are, this is what prevents stinging.  Unfortunately hair is
acidic and aklaline shampoo is very hard on it.  I was suprised when he told
me that baby shampoo is just about the harshest thing you can put in your
hair.

Anyways, my ferret, Scout (I am hoping to add to my collection soon!), was
getting really dry fur and itchy skin.  I went to the body shop and bought
the Ginger shampoo and Brazil nut conditioner.  No more itchy skin and her
coat is just beautiful!  Of course now I have to avoid her eyes when I wash
her but she usually doesn't like me in her face anyways.  I think that gets
clean enough just from her swimming around the tub anyways.

I thought this might help someone else out there too as I was really
suprised to find out that baby shampoo is not gentle

Talk to ya later!

Tracy & Scout