From:
Ilona Maggard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:46:33 -0500
Hello Everybody,

We have a problem with one of our ferrets, Tahoe.  A couple of weeks
ago, she started having fits.  She would just stiffen up and lay around
drooling.  We took her to the vet and he did some tests and said that her
sugar levels weren't even registering.  He told us that we would have to
give her corn syrup or honey, twice a day, to keep her sugar levels at
normal.

Seeing that she doesn't like either of these, it is a struggle every day
to force this down her throat.  I don't know who is stickier at the end,
her or my husband.  Besides this process being such a pain, it seems to
have lost it's effectiveness.  She is starting again to go into these
fits, especially after not getting honey or sugar all night.  The vet
said that there really isn't anything that he can give her.

Does anybody have any experience with this and have a better way of
keeping her sugar levels up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, feel free to e-mail me directly.

Thanks in advance,
Ilona, formerly Ferretless in CA