From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:49:51 -0500
>I'd suppose the moral of the story is: don't trust zippers to hold in
>anything from a determined ferret.  It could lead to a very expensive
>bill, or worse.

Not worse, but embarrassing around here.  You see, when Meltdown learned
that she could open zippers she then used that discovery to open the fly
of anyone she got near, which caused real confusion among a few guests.

We personally over the many years have had best nip/chewing/biting training
results with Times Out.  They go into a cage for a while.  (Some use carry
cages for this so they will be sure what is being said to them.)  It' takes
time, consistency, and patience but it works well and it lasts, plus the
ferret remains trusting, and ones with abuse in their pasts before coming
here always learn trust with this method.