Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 19:40:44 -0800
Hello,

Why more than one ferret you ask?  Well, for starters, we can't have
children (human ones anyway).  So yeah, I guess we did have a "space" to
fill.  I actually think it is due to the phenomenon known as "ferret math"
in which, once a family becomes owned by a ferret, other ferrets some how
beat a path to your door and your heart.

When we got our first pair we knew there would be more.  Then we went to
our shelter and got another.  That was enough.  Then we went to the pet
store one day, and this big guy (who was of course adorable) was in with a
bunch of kits, we had to take him home.  The fact that he covered our faces
with kisses the moment we picked him up might have had something to do with
it to.  That was it, we were done.  Four was enough.

But our alpha from the shelter beat him up relentlessly, so we seperated
him.  Now, it wasn't fair that he was alone, so back to the shelter we went
to find him a friend.  Ok, no more 5 is enough.

Then hubby was out on an outing and was approached by someone whose neice
needed to give up her babies because of a housing situation.  Ok, ok, we
will take the pair.  After all, the shelter was full enough.  Seven is
really enough!!

Then the shelter got a little fella in who was quarantined by the county
because he was a biter.  Being the web master and editor of the newsletter
for our shelter/club, I frequent the shelter quite a bit.  One look at him
told me that all he needed was a little attention and we could cure him.
But we weren't taking him, just fostering.  After all we have seven....

Ooops...fell in love.  He's not a biter now, he's a kisser.  And I swear,
he's our last one.  After all, didn't the show say, Eight is Enough?  Yes,
that's it...eight...no more.

Except, there is this pair in the shelter that has been there over a year.
A record for our shelter....hmmm...maybe we will give them a few more
months to get adopted....after all 10 is my husband's lucky number. =)

Best regards,
 Carrie                          mailto:[log in to unmask]

ICQ ME!!!  10170986