From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:54:22 PDT
Danial~

that incident on the FML!  I hope nobody flames you.  It sounds like you
learned from your mistake and that you are very sorry.  Your friend, in my
opinion, acted out of stupidity.  Why would anyone think that an animal
could survive without air?  Boy, that is really basic and your friend
should have known that about living things.  I feel very badly for you.  It
sounds like you are a student and possibly still in high school?  It might
be a good idea to wait until you are an adult and on your own to obtain
another ferret?  I don't have the answers but it is obvious to me that you
miss the little guy, quit beating yourself up over it.  You tried, and we
all make mistakes.  Those who don't learn from their mistakes are the ones
that I have a serious problem with.  Anyway, my heart aches for you.

Regarding the post from Mary at Modern Ferret, what did it have to do with
ferrets?  I am sorry if Eric is having medical problems, but why post about
it on this list?  My understanding is that this list is for and about
ferrets?  You have my sympathy - Crohns is a terrible disease but if I
started posting about all of my health problems, etc...this list would no
longer have anything to do with ferrets.  There are many on this list with
health problems, that we don't hear about.  Again, it is not that I don't
have sympathy, but I just did not see a reason for the post to go on the
FML.  There are TONS of bulletin boards for health-related topics.  I AM
sorry that you are experiencing this right now.

I am about to give up hope that my newest will ever adjust and integrate
with my other ferrets.  I love this little guy and would NEVER part with
him, but it sure would be nice if I did not have to seperate him.  It is
very difficult to have to make sure everyone gets enough play time when
they have to be taken out in "shifts".  I also feel bad because he cannot
get to all the wonderful toys and stuff in the rest of the cage.  He is
probably so bored during the day when we are not at home.

Warm fuzzy hugs to all!

[Moderator's note: I strongly feel the post from Mary at Modern Ferret is
totally appropriate.  For one, the FML guidelines *do* permit subscribers
to announce major events in their lives.  And for another, I can't think
of too many people who contribute more to the ferret community -- any news
about Modern Ferret is ferret-related practically automatically.  BIG]