From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 13:12:49 -0500
Hi!
Michelle (and Ed, since I never did get back to you with this info)- since
we just went through the emergency vet thing - I'll share with you some of
what I've learned...

1) Make sure any vet you've chosen to use in an emergency will see you.
   Some vets have emergency service available only to animals that they see
   on a regular basis.

2) Don't call Dr. Robert Harris of Pitman Animal Hospital afterhours -
   he'll only refer you to ...

3) Dr Kawamura and his associate, who are both handy with ferrets (I lent
   out my Modern Ferrets, so I don't have their phone # or address right
   now).  They were painfully slow answering our page - it took 3 beeps &
   30-45 minutes to reach them.  They would be work for sugar or sickness
   emergencies, but say if you happened to kick your ferret and they might
   need x-rays or surgery - they will refer you to ...

4) Clementon Animal Hospital (609) 784-2610 or (609) 784-2304.  The address
   is 210 White Horse Pike, Clementon, NJ.  This place is fully staffed 24
   hrs a day.  We ended up not going, so I can't really coment on their
   quality of care.  We were informed that we were lucky because Dr Weiss
   was on that evening, and he was very good with ferrets.  (Dr Weiss - any
   relation??  :) )

I'm not sure how long it would take to get there from Philly - I'm not even
sure how long it would take to get there from my place, I'm not sure how
good they are - but I'm keeping them in my phone book because they will at
least see me & hopefully be able to take care of whatever problem we need
them to. They've got to be better than sitting on the phone for an hour and
1/2 trying to find someone to see us.

On to other stuff -
Hexie is coming to NY, right?  I got him a little present the other day!  :)

The problem with NO - we have also had the No=Party problem (in fact, it
still exsits with Snitch and Gilligan). We also had an interesting problem
with "No" not that long ago. I was laying (lying - I always mix that one
up!) on the floor watching tv. Huey Lewis wanders by - so I called him
over. He ignores me and continues on his way (not that unusual) as he gets
about 10 feet away from me, someferret started to cause some trouble, so I
yelled "No" at the bad ferret. Immediately, Huey came running to me. We
tested the theory & sure enough..the crazy bugger thought his name was
"No". We went through a period of time where we used his name constantly
and now his identity crisis seems to be over.

Our deepest sympathies to everyone who has lost a fuzzy friend recently.

Andi
(I've snipped off our signature since I rambled so much - the list doesn't
need any extra length right now!)