From:
Bill & Laura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 00:25:43 -0600
Mr. Scotch,

The Pacific Ferret Shelter Network is willing, capable and able to take
ALL of your ferrets and rehome them.  All 11 shelters have dealt with
large scale rescues in the past and have plenty of room, knowledge, and
love to help out your ferrets.  You would not need to eutanize any of
them and we beg you not to.  We have funds, foster homes, and wonderful
vets to deal with issues just like this.

No one can really help you until we know where you are though.  You've
listed 12 states in the union, but which one are you in?  We would like
to help, but can't organize transport until we know where we would be
going.

If you work with shelters you can be sure no one would get them because
they are "cute" etc.  We deal with this every day and have extensive
screening processes.

We have tried to contact you three times about helping you before you
posted this here.  Is there a reason you don't want to work with our
shelters?  I do hope that you realize that we are here to help.  The
safety and health of the ferrets is what is important here, so if you
only have 6 months, please contact someone from the PFSN or another
shelter that you do trust to help you.  We don't want to see any ferrets
euthanized even if they are sick or old and we're all willing to take on
that extra burden voluntarily.

Best Wishes,
Laura Baran
Emmett Ferret Shelter