From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:00:33 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=782

>Is there a practical upper dosage limit for prednisone in ferrets? I
>seem to recall from past FHL posts that in terminal patients, the sky
>is the limit.

Pretty much, that's my attitude.  Though I do watch for stomach upset.

>I'm about to boost Bear's pred dose *again* to see if we get a good
>response like we have with the past two increases.  This will take him
>to an incredible 10mg per day.  The past two increases got him back on
>his feet again, but unfortunately the effect lasted less than a day both
>times.

Hope this works for you,
-Dr. Karen

Everett, MA
DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail is provided for general informational purposes only. It is
in no way intended as a replacement for a consultation with a qualified
licensed veterinarian.  If you are concerned about your pet's health, you
should seek the advice of your regular veterinarian as soon as possible.