From:
FerretGrrl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:16:31 -0800
First off, I want to thank EVERYONE who wished me well after Suki's
passing.  I still miss her, She was a special little girl.  I've actually
found TWO shelters in my Metro area.  It's great.  I've only visited one
so far, and they are very kind and have a great set up.  We've discussed
my fostering one or two when they have one or two available ( I can't
believe that there's a shelter out there that's not overflowing!).

As for my next question: after Suki passed, her foster mate - Lars (alse
8.5 years old) became very lethagric.  He was still eating and drinking,
he just didn't want to play as much.  My first impulse was to chalk it up
to depression and just keep an eye on him.  But, being an overly concerned
mom, I called the vet and made an appointment.  The result?  According to
the vet, and radiographs, Lars has arthritis.  The vet said to keep him
comfortable, but that I don't have to restrict his activity.  He didn't
know of any meds for ferret arthritis.  So, I'm just going to treasure
him until he crosses and Joins Suki, Omar, Sasha, Sam, Cody, Mariposa,
Farfalla, Dizzy, Zoot, Emma, and Nanook.  Does anyone out there have any
experiance/advice about this?  Thanks In advance!

Dawn, Lars and Isabeau (the Masters)

I think - therefore I'm single.
 -Lizz Winstead-