From:
Misty Newkirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:09:58 EDT
>In your spot I'd think about surgery to look around, remove the bad
>adrenal, remove any insulinomae found, and sample some nodes -- all
>for pathology -- unless the ferret or the vet is not up to it -- IF
>the heart is okay.  If the heart is not okay then surgery is out.
>
>You need to find out why he seized so markedly even after being on
>meds, and why he has the ascites.
>
>Hope this helps some.

I am afraid surgery would kill her.  She is 6 years old.  She was only
on a low dose of pedia-pred (.25mls) for 6 days when she went into her
seizure.  We upped her to .5mls of pedia-pred, .06 proglycem, for one
week, rechecked, and her stomach had fluid on it after the startup of
heavier meds.  That's when we went to lasix to shrink it.  (.07mls)
Skittles weighs roughly 860 grams ( i believe 150 of that is fluid
because she gained 200 grams in one week) I am at a loss of what to do,
because I do not want to operate.  I mean, how much time can surgery
really buy her at this point?

Sukie, thank you so much for your rapid response.  I was thinking Timmys
tonic or the red clover (the one they say shrinks tumors) could help her?