Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 01:32:54 +0200
Hello from Tel-Aviv all FML'ers!

Well, every couple of month the MF debate starts and if I remember right,
flames r on the way so I better hurry up and post something before BIG is
closing the subject.

As always you r climbing the wrong tree, yes, MF breeds Ferrets also for
laboratory use, so does hundreds of other breeders with other species of
animals, primates, dogs cats etc.  etc.

Some researches with Ferrets are very important since they produce Ferret
products.  with out MF Ferrets we wouldn't have ever got a Ferret approved
Rabies vaccine or Ferrets approved Canine Distemper vaccines but its the
useless Ferret experiments that should bother us (if such exist) and if
someone want to try and stop those experiments, MF is NOT the address.

Everybody here feels very righteous about Ferret experiments but 10 min
after writing his article to the FML goes to brush his teeth with some fancy
brand name tooth paste or put on make up that was experimented on live
animals (and pretty sure ferrets too).

Well, to cut this post a little short, what I ment to say was that if you
want to stop experiments on ferrets find out (through PETA and other
organization) what companies use Ferrets as laboratory animals and we all
write them and tell them they r banned until they'll remove Ferrets from
their experiments.

That's the only way to stop them and if we'll get half the respond the KODO
case got, then we r on the right track!  Putting a ban on MF is a bigger
problem since there r emotions involved here, if u'll do it and wont buy the
MF kits in pet shops, think of all those little poor kits that all they did
wrong in this world was to be born to the a certain breeder, this is NOT an
acceptable answer and you only harm the ferret community and us in it.  Ban
the companies that do experiment on Ferrets AND buy MF kits and products and
together will transform MF into "pet only breeders".

Thank you.
Yaniv Rottenberg.
P.S. if you wont here from me again soon.........the scuds got me:-) and
if they r on the way, certainly your flames wont bother me!;)