From:
Sharon Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:29:02 EST
Does anyone know where I can get medical insurance for my ferret?  And
how much does it cost per year?  Rocky is only 1 year old and very health,
but from what I've been reading, ferrets get a lot of costly illnesses
when they are older.  Does the insurance cover these kinds of surgeries?

Also, what is fear pooping?

Do some ferrets hate other ferrets?  My Rocky seems to.  My attempt to
take in a rescue failed miserably, no matter what I did.  And whenever
I've brought Rocky to homes that have ferrets he just tenses up, tries to
escape and, sometimes, attacks another ferret, male especially.  When I
took in another ferret, he stopped eating and didn't start eating normally
until TWO WEEKS AFTER I brought the other ferret to it's new home (where
he's very happy and sociable, so I know it wasn't him causing the
trouble).  Rocky is a year old and very, very attached to me because I am
usually home and he has a lot of freedome and gets a lot of attention.
When I've left him with a friend who knows him well and loves him, it
takes him up to a week to adjust to being without me.  I don't have to
have another ferret; I would only get another if Rocky wanted a playmate,
but he doesn't seem to want one.  He's very possessive of his stuffed
animals, toys and especially his beloved sockballs, which he moves from
room to room so that I can't find them.

Is he just one of those rare ferrets who likes being an only ferret?
Rocky loves people, babies, kids, dogs, cats, birds, just about anything
but ferrets.  Before I got Rocky, I got the impression from the research
I did to learn about ferrets that they readily accept other ferrets of
both genders.

Thanks for all replies.

Sharon & Rocky