Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:58:48 -0400
There is a Texas TV station running a poll with a question relating to
animal abuse.  The poll ends sometime on the afternoon of Monday, Aug.
15, so only the people who read the FML early may get the chance to
participate.

It is a simple poll, asking only one question, "Is jail time too tough
of a punishment for a person who kills an animal?"  I would imagine the
majority of people on this list would say that no, jail time is not an
unreasonable punishment.  In fact, many of us may want to see something
worse then just jail time.  So, here is a link for anyone who wants to
participate:

    http://www.nbc25.com/main/modules/xoopspoll/index.php?poll_id=11

As I write this on Sunday evening, about 950 people have already voted -
which is about 8 times the number of people who usually participate in
this station's polls.  However, even more votes would let them know that
this is an issue people care about.

--
Danee
International Ferret Congress Health Issues Coordinator