Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:31:59 EST
Just in case anyone is wondering, Georgie the Alexandria ferret is doing
really well.  He is such an angel despite the fascination with the potted
plants and climbing the curtains.  He is a real cuddle monkey sometimes.
Slept on the couch with me Saturday night for almost two hours.  He
stretched out by my legs and Azrael slept cuddled up in my sweatshirt while
I watched Serpico.  George and I took a long walk yesterday and he tried to
chase all the bicycles that went by.  And of course, we received lots of
comments: raccoon, squirrel on a leash, black footed ferret, weasel, etc
etc.  Lots of children stopped to pet him.  So far no parents that don't let
their children touch him.  The obligatory questions: what does it eat, does
it use a litter box, does it run around your house?

Just a comment on the tartar buildup on teeth.  Georgie is very young and
had no tartar on his teeth when he came to me in October.  He now does have
tartar even though he never receives more than one raisin or bite of banana
each month.  He does receive quite a bit of Laxatone (hair ball prone) and
occasionally Ferretvite.  So, this could be the reason the angora ferret
mentioned on the last FML is tartar prone too.  I recall the poster saying
that he receives quite a bit of Laxatone.

Lorali J Barber
Production Editor
301-530-7038
Fax 301-571-8303