From:
Nancy Rhyner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 23:45:54 -0400
Cricket and I have survived her first trip to teh vet...  No strange
diseases, and all shots are now current.  The bad news is that she's got
ear mites.  My question is: does anyone have any suggestions on the best
way to administer ear drops to a squirming fuzz-bucket that's DETERMINED
not to have them?  I've tried giving her Ferretone while I put them in,
but the instant the liquid hits her ear, she shakes her head violently,
slinging medicene everywhere...  After one shot of this, she descides
that she'll not play that game, Ferretone or no Ferretone...  I don't
like using brute force to hold her down to put the drops in, but that's
what it seems to be coming to...  Can anyone help?

Also, while I have no problems with ferrets and allergies, several of my
friends, as well as my new housemate are allergic to them.  I'm trying an
anti-allergin product that supposed to be put into Cricket's fur to cut
dwown on the amount of dander and other stuff she sheds.  Has anyone had
any experience with this stuff?  The bottle specifically mentioned that
it was ok for ferrets, but I don't want to use anything that's going to
hurt her.  I'm really hoping this stuff works...  If it doesn't, she'll
have to be confined to my bedroom, rather than getting the run of the
house.  Also, eliminating the allergy problem will make it a lot easier
to convince my housemante that Cricket needs a playmate =)

Please excuse the number of typos...  I'm backspace-less tonight, and my
true skills are showing...  And not even a dancing ferret on the kb to
blame it on tonight...  ;) )

Thanks!

//Nan