From:
Carol Vee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:18:46 EST
Melissa, I enjoyed your story about your ferret family.  We still miss Da
Dodge too!

On October 3, 1997, I walked into a pet store with my son Ron.  He had been
wanting some type of animal he could call HIS!  In the back of the pet
store was a very small cage, a water bottle, food and a lot of poop in the
cage.  There was also a 6 month old ferret in the cage.  The cage smelled
horrible, but my son insisted on taking the ferret home with us.  I had
never been around a ferret, I knew no one that had a ferret, but my son
insisted.  Oscar was the start of a wonderful relationship I now have with
ferrets.

Lilly was given to me on June 1, 1998, by my two children as a get well
present.  She was my first experience with a baby ferret.  I learned a lot.
I rescued Bailey and Elle on October the 8, 1998.  On January the 16, 1999
I bought Newman from a pet store.  He is a sweetheart and is getting so big.

I have owned cats and dogs all my life, but Melissa is right, ferrets own
you.  I am so thankful that I have all five of my ferrets.  When I wake up
in the mornings I take my ferrets out of there cage and hug, kiss and talk
to each one.  They each have special task during the day we do together.
Oscar goes outside to check the mail with me and shares a sip of slim fast
each morning.  Elle drinks water out of the sink and searches through my
make up drawer when I am getting ready for work in the mornings.  Lilly
eats Cheerios (5) each day as a special game I play with her.  Bailey is
my sweetheart ferret that gets special treats like nutrical everyday, by
himself and the Newman, he spends most of his time attached to my pants
leg or slippers.  He wants to be held and played with all the time.

Ferrets have grabbed my heart and will not let go.  "I love ferrets,"
that's the sticker I have on the back of my car!

Carol, Oscar, Bailey, Elle, Newman and the Sweet Lilly Voivedich