Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 18:05:04 -0700
We have 5 ferrets and all get along except for Buttercup who can't stand
Tinkerbell.  Buttercup was our second ferret and Tinkerbell was our third
and from day one (almost a year ago now) Buttercup has violently attacked
Tinkerbell whenever she sees her. If I am holding Tinkerbell, Buttercup
will climb up my clothing to get to Tinkerbell. So far we have just kept
the three newest ferrets in a separate cage as the first two.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how we can get Buttercup to accept
Tinkerbell?  Tinkerbell doesn't have a problem with Buttercup, but she
is scared to death of her even though now Tinkerbell is a lot bigger
than Buttercup.  We have tried scolding Buttercup and spraying bitter
apple on Tinkerbell to keep Buttercup from biting her, but nothing seems
to work.

We would appreciate any ideas as we would love to let all of our fuzzies
play together, it gets hard trying to make sure that two sets of fuzzies
get enough play time.