From:
kevin gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 10:50:35 -0000
The fact that I am even writting this response makes me sick.  This is the
first and only time I have ever had to defend my character.  Does Jerry
Crowell really think I would jeopardize my reputation just for his measly
385.00?

First of all I have sent back his carrier and refunded his money.  I have
sent him countless emails and he has not responded.  If I was out to screw
someone over, would I adopt out ferrets at exactly what it cost me to have
them spayed or neutered and allow their new owners to directly call my vet
to pay for the surgeries?

Ask Mark and Debbie Whitten in Houston who are finally going to get their
ferrets next week, three more to add to the two they already have adopted
from me.

Jerry Crowell is upset because he was not able to get his ferret when he
wanted it.  He is acting like a spoiled little baby.  I have shipped many
ferrets around the world and have plenty of references and am happy to
provide them to anyone who asks for them.  It is funny that Jerry Crowell
is the first and only person to ever feel like I was out to take his money.

Jerry, I am a working professional and own my own house.  I do not need to
breed ferrets for the money and do not need your money nor your business.
I am going to post the pictures of your ferret or the ferret that I am now
going to keep as a breeder on my website.

Bob, I never got your email in time to defend myself as I do not check
email every hour of the day.

[Moderator's note: I don't wish to take sides here, but I do have to point
out that such complaints don't make it to the FML without a reasonable
waiting period.  Assuming the above line is a reference to the email I
(Bill) sent Kevin in order to give him the opportunity to respond, please
note I sent it over a *week* before the Crowells' post made it into the
FML.  I'm not judging the other details -- I simply don't know both sides
of the issue well enough to fully judge -- but I do think a week's notice
is not unreasonable.  BIG]

I am going to offer my references to anyone who doubts my sincere
intentions as a breeder and WILL NOT tolerate anymore attacks on my
character by Jerry Crowell or anyone.  Such accusations can be taken as
deformation of character and there is a law about such accusations.  I
have better things to do than defend myself against false accusations
from ignorant people who can't follow directions regarding airplane
reservations.

Jerry, how come you have not responded to my emails regarding this
situation and instead chose to accuse me of trying to keep your money and
carrier?  You are obviousely upset at the fact that things did not work
out during one of the hottest months anywhere in the US.  Trying to send
ferrets through Houston into ST.  Louis or Kansas City was an
impossibility.  Anyone who doubts that can call Continental and ask about
such a reservation during August and early September.

I am sorry to sound so pissed but I am.  Jerry's money and carrier have
been sent back to him and this is the last time I am going to comment on
this subject.

Thank You,

Kevin Gilbert