From:
"Bryan H. Hall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:20:07 -0800
Jabba-the-Fert is starting to develop some very dangerous habits..  and I
have no idea how to correct them!

We're all familiar with a fuzzy claiming different items as "theirs" and so
forth..  but Jabba has decided that the food dish and the water bottle in
the cage are "his" and won't ordinarily let my other two near it now!  He
does let them use the food dish and water bottle, but he seems to be
becoming more and more protective of it, snapping at the other two a LOT
different than he does when they play.  You can tell that he means it when
you see him do that!

Also, Jabba ordinarily does not mind the other ferrets being around when he
eats.  Well.... he had taken a piece of Iams Kitten from the cage and was
snacking in the middle of the floor when Cayanne came by to see what he was
eating and naturally, to see if there was any more to be had!  Jabba hissed
like I have never heard him do, and LUNGED at Cayanne, who bottle-brushed
and got the heck out of Dodge.  Even she knew that he wasn't playing.

What is this guy up to?  It is not bad as of yet, but I need to stop this
behavior for fear of my other fuzzy-butts.  Tenaka and Cayanne were VERY
hungry and thirsty yesterday when I came back, because Jabba didn't even
seem to want them on the bottom level of the cage (where the
food/litterbox/water bottle is).

Any suggestions??!?

---Bryan Hall