From:
Kevin Groninga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 19:20:59 -0700
Greetings Ferret People!

I'd like to start by introducing myself.  My name is Kevin Groninga and my
wife Julie and I manage a small ferret breeding and rescue/shelter
operation in Phoenix Arizona.

We started our incredible journey about 4 years ago after we adopted a
sable female from a pet store, and like most people began the chore of
trying to learn as much about them as we could.  Later we discovered that
just one ferret is not enough (like potato chips), so we adopted another
silver-mitt female from a local reputable breeder.  From here things began
to snowball on us and today we have anywhere between 20-25 ferrets in our
home.  Some of them are our pets, others are our breeders and all receive
the best of love and care from both of us.  In fact, running them all twice
a day for an hour or more is a full time job.  Just ask my wife!  Not to
mention, cleaning cages, litterboxes, medicating those that are ill and all
of the other things we must do to take the best care of our family.  Then
we have the kits.  They are the most adorable little critters you've ever
seen, but they also require lots of love and special attention to socialize
them with people.

About 6 months ago, we learned that some of the local ferret
rescue/shelters would be closing or were no longer able to take in new
fuzzies.  At this point Julie and I decided it was time to do our part and
try to help the ferret community by also becoming a rescue/shelter.  After
all, as a breeder we felt it was our responsibility to make sure that ALL
ferrets had good homes and received the best care.  Since that time we
established a good relationship with the local Humane Society as well as
Maricopa County Animal Control.  In the past few months we taken in well
over 15 adorable ferrets and have found homes for all but maybe 3.  Of
these 3 only one will probably be staying with us.  'Annie' is about 4
years old and has been diagnosed with insulinoma, so we have started her
on a course of treatment including extra doses of love.

Anyway, instead of boring you all to tears, we invite all of you to come
and visit our website at the addresses below.  We have several areas of
interest including our 'family photo album', our fuzzies available for
adoption, links to other internet ferret sites, ferret webrings and many
documents answering a lot of the common questions that ferret owners may
have.  Please take a moment to stop on by and e-mail us with any feedback
or suggestions you may have about our site or what we do.  We'd love to
hear your comments!

http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/            Our Home Page
http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/family/     Our Ferret Family Album
http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/rescues/    Pictures and descriptions of the