From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 21:14:22 -0400
>From:    Vickie LoMonaco <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: I need to offer thanks and ask another question
>The only things he apparently wants to eat is my dog's Kibbles 'N' Bits
>dog food ... My question is, how do I get him to eat ferret food?  Or good
>cat food?

Maybe try what Bob C.  suggested - grind up the dog food & sprinkle it on
top of wet down kitten or ferret food.  It might make him want to try it
at least & then maybe he will like it.

>From:    elle <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferret and kitten saga
>Reading the label on ferretone it does not appear it would prove too
>harmful to the kitten in small amounts..any comments or thoughts on that?

Ferretone is basically linetone.  Linetone is a coat supplement used on cats
& dogs.  You can find "cat" linetone at a pet store.  Your kitty & fuzzy can
share the ferretone just fine.  But keep in mind - as with all things -
don't over do it.

        *AND NOW FOR SOME OLDER STUFF*

>From:    meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: a wonderful vet!! yippee!!
>he noticed a large amount of a bacteria in nico's stool--called it coxcidia

Coccidia is fairly common in ferrets.  As I have been guilty of skimming
thru the FML when I am really busy & may not have noticed - I am surprised
nobody suggested that coccidia may be your problem.  Albon is very
successful in treating coccidia & you should see some major improvements.

Be sure to disinfect your litter pans & poop scoops (and other poopie areas)
to prevent the spreading of the coccidia.  Many times coccidia continues
because the ferrets are re-infected via the litter pan.  Maybe try a bleach
solution & RINSE VERY WELL.  Wash your hands really well between holdings of
your fur kids & try to separate the ones that are over it so they don't get
re- infected.

>do your doctors charge for each ferret seen?

Mine doesn't & neither do any in my area that I know of.  I would question
that.  I can understand being charged an exam fee, but not an office visit
per animal in a one time visit.

>From:    Meghan Bonikowski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Albinos & re:Ariel's post
>I was told that albino ferrets tend to
>be more dominant, bossy, and will try harder than other ferrets to be th e
>most dominant ferret of a business.  Then I found out that albino is not an
>uncommon fur colour in ferrets, so wouldn't that make an awful lot of
>demanding ferrets out there?  Are albinos more demanding than other
>ferrets? ... Does fur colour have anything to do with personality traits ?

A ferret is a ferret is a ferret.  Are human personalities dictated by their
skin, hair, or eye color?  Of course not.  All ferrets have the ability to
be dominant or passive.  I have an albino boy that is very passive & so is
his albino sister (she is very shy actually), but their sable sister is very
dominant.  The two most common ferret colors are sable & albino.