From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 20:57:52 -0400
Hi - just my .02.  For all I know MF has changed its recipie in the last
couple of years but I never liked it for the high fish content.  One it
makes their poop smell more (and it smells more itself).  I always wonder
if its just some changed version of mink farm food.  I like TF and also
high quality kitten/cat foods (its the protein and fat content thats
important).  Once a week they get FerretCoat (Four Paws) on the belly with
a nail trimming but FerretTone and even Cat Linetone is fine.  My fuzzbutts
prefer Cat Lax brand cat laxative to the one more commonly found in pet
stores (forget the name) I can get it both at my vets and through catalogs.
There are "hundreds" of pet catalogs out there.  Omaha Vaccine is one of
the cheaper: 1-800-367-4444.  OR Jeffers 1-800-Jeffers or JB Wholesale pet
supplies 800-526-0388 etc.  They also occassionally get a Nutrical treat (a
high calorie past in a tube) pretty much the same as Ferretvite along with
daily treats of chicken Ferretbites (I like them better than cat treats as
they tend not to have the dyes in them that cat treats do).  Unfortunately
the catalogs seem to carry one and not the other so multiple orders are
sometime necessary which can be expensive shipping.  However the products
usually cost a bit less than in pet stores.  BTW - I just bought a pink and
blue spider cat toy that has 8 dangley legs with fuzzy balls on the end -
the ferrets love it!

Mary, Boris and Giesle and Booker (the dog from the planet of needy velcro)