From:
Pam Franklin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 19:46:46 -0800
I really need help now!  Chubba Wubba's fever went down to 102 so the
discharged him today.  He can't walk!  There is no strength in his limbs at
all and he shivers.  My vet thinks it may be low blood sugar but he is still
eating well and he has been given glucose with no change.  I am almost
hysterical at this point.  They did xrays and there is some kind of fluid
around his heart and the left side of his lung.  He is breathing heavily.  I
have him home now and I have no idea how to care for him since he can't
move.  My vet and the others she has consulted with have no idea what's
wrong with him.  He is showing slight signs of anemia by him pak(sp?) cell
count and his spleen is collecting red blood cells.  They thought he would
die last night until his fever went down.  I can't believe I had to take him
home!  I'm suppose to go to work tomorrow, hopefully I can get off early.
If anyone can help me or my vets figure out what's wrong please contact me.
Vets if you can help please call me at work tomorrow at (206) 487-8268.

Thank you so much to the people who have already emailed me.  Once he is out
of immediate danger, the info I got about large spleens will be very helpful.

Sincerely
Pam Franklin