From:
Heathers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:07:58 -0500
Hey gang --

This is my first post so be gentle =3D) I've been a ferret owner for close
to 6 years and never knew so much about ferrets until I joined this great
list!  I lost 2 of my babies this in October & November 1998 (both 5 1/2
years old); one to some bizarre kidney malfunction that I can't pronounce
much less spell and the other to a second adrenale tumor.

The reason why I am writing is because my 5 1/2 year old girl, Tawanda, has
very course, dry, and brittle hair.  She had her right adrenale removed,
along with some tumors in her abdomen about 2 years ago.  Since then she's
been healthy, but the last couple months she's skinnier than she used to
be (so I subsequently give her duck soup each morning) and her hair is
brittle.  I'm still feeding her Iams kitten formula, so there hasn't been
any food change that could have caused this.

I'm hoping against hope that she doesn't have a second adrenale because my
poor Taz had the operation to attempt the partial removal of his second
adrenale and didn't make it.  If that's what the consensous thinks may be
the problem, could anyone recommend any alternatives to surgery?

Thanks for your time,
Heather