From:
Jenny Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:32:05 -0400
I would like to start by syaing THANK YOU to everyone that sent
positive emails to and my kids. It meant the world to me..

The article on the Vit-A was something I had looked into at the
beginning of this outbreak and I even contacted the Dr. in Canada for
more info and never had a return call.

This was done in a clinical study. Not in a private home. So this was
not for me to . The treatment we used for Simon worked very well and
he has no neuro issues what so ever. He is a healthy 2yr old.

Also the post about putting them to sleep at the onset of infection.
Well until you have seen what this virus does you have no idea what
one deals with. I let Apollo live for 9 days before he started having
seizures. I did not euthanize immediately. I also didn't just euthanize
the other 5 immediately either. But when their temps reach 103. to 104
thats dangerous and then yes you make a choice. I was told by many
people including well known vets to put all my kids to sleep. Are you
joking?? Thats the problem with the world, no one wants to try and find
a cure for things. Well I wasn't giving up. The 6 who died were young
and elderly. Which is the favorite for this disease.

My vet is amazed at how well Simon has recovered. This is a reason to
rejoice. I hope noone ever has to go through this.

As far as a ferret being around another ferret that has it. Believe me
when I say" It has hit you before you even know its there"....You can
bring distemper in with you. It doesn't have to come from a pound.

SIMONS CASE IS ONE FOR THE BOOKS AND SHOULD BE DOCUMENTED. Anytime a
ferret survived distemper something should have been documented.

This was not to put us into battle with each other,it was to share and
help where it could.

Thanks,
Jenny