From:
Judith Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:12:55 -0800
I'm starting to wonder about my oldest ferret Gushi.  He's 6 1/2.
Wednesday night I woke up to a strange sound coming from the cage and when
I went to look found him chewing on the shelf of the cage.  I spoke to him
and he responded and appeared to be quite coherent and went back to doing
it again.  He's hypoglycemic but didn't seem to be having one of his usual
seizures.  On a whim I grabbed a handful of food out of his bowl on the
level below and offered it to him.  He started to scarf it down.  I gave
him another handful and he kept eating like he hadn't eaten for quite
awhile although he had eaten before I went to bed several hours before.
Since it was 3:45am I put another handful of food in the hammock with him
and went back to bed.

Do you think he's going senile or is he getting too accustomed/spoiled with
regular hand feeding of duck soup.

Please respond to the fml or [log in to unmask]

Thanks a bunch.

George, Jasper and the crew as dictated to Judith because George can't get
to her computer.