From:
Niki Tyree <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 13:26:31 -0500
Hi there!!!!!
Hi, I'm writting again because I need all the ferret owners to help me out.
I introduced myself a few weeks ago and told everyone about my ferret Sammy
that needed surgery.

The reason she needed surgery was because when she was little and they
descented her, SOMEONE DID A BAD JOB!!!  When they tried to descent her,
they left behind a piece of the gland which caused a sore on her bottom.
This sore would not heal and it causes her a lot of pain and got so bad that
she couldn't go to the bathroom because her behind was so inflammed.  And
sometime she'd throw up because she was in so much pain.  She had her
surgery 4 day ago and is fine, thank god!!!  The vet removed what he claimes
to be ONE HALF OF A GLAND!!!  How can they be so blind to leave that
behind!!!  Well, we sent the piece of tissue off to a lab for a pathology
report.  Now my vet (Which I have to add is the greatest vet that I have
ever encountered) is very interested in investigating this problem.  I told
him about two other owners that have been through this same problem.

We need your help, anyone that has had this same problem, please let me
know. E-mail me so I can give him more data and include how old your ferret
was at the time, what state you live in, did you have surgery, did you send
the tissue off to a lab to get results and last but no least where is your
ferret from?????

When I purchased Sammy at a local pet store, I got a gaureent from a company
that states that the ferret is in good health and if there were any problems
to let them know.  Well, I wrote to them about a month ago and haven't heard
anything yet.  But I'm thinking when I get the pathology report I will send
them a copy by certified mail.

I'm not doing this because I'm upset about all the money I spent on the
surgery because god know I'd do anything to help out my fuzzies.  I'm upset
because it's not fare for these little guys to have to go through all this
pain and suffering because some idiot didn't TAKE HIS TIME WHILE DESCENTING
THEM!!!!  This shouldn't be happening and the companies that breed them
should start taking responsibility for there actions.

I'm sorry this was so long but I very upset about this and I need your help.
Sammy seems to be doing alright but she lost a good month out of her life
that she could have spent playing and having fun instead of crying everytime
she needed to go to the bathroom.  So if you have any information please let
me know.
             Thanks,
            -Niki, Sammy, Nanook and CJ-