From:
Sue Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:41:20 +0300
Good Morn ya all,

Just wanted to check in and say im still around but things have been
relly busy here at the shelter and personal issues going on,,

I have had to move to a cheper place sence times are getting hard
around here as we all no, jobs, our living expences and our familys and
pets and even our rescue shelte rand loseing our love ones, but the
last few months things have relly took a turn on me and my partner, we
have lost some of our hospice kids, elderly or the sp needs kids. But
with me Loseing ( Tiny Tim ) Timmy,and me got the i dont care anymore
addatude, While all this was going on my Partner wish is also a branch
director her and her husband has been baseacaly careing for the shelter
kids both in my home and her shes up to 20 and i have 23 so thats alot
of mouths to feed and care for , We have had our scwubbles but were
always there for each other no matter what, a couple weeks ago my god
daughter had a bad 4 wheeler acct and been finaly sent to Childrens
Hospital in Little Rock, they were going to pull the resperater on her
yesterday (Subday) so i had to be down there with the family she was
only 13 yrs old. in the mean time befor i was to leave for Little Rock
saterday night morn Saterday at noon petco called and needed for us to
pick up a little ferret cause they thought it was just to young to be
sold, come to find out he was only 4 to 6 weeks old and a runt as tiny
as he was and dehytrided and week and other medacal issues he had Katy
took over to care for him while i was gone, i new he wasnt going to
make it sence he was so sick and tiny if he did i would have been
shocked, but anyways katy went and took time out of her job ,her sleep
and her weekend from doing outtings and such just to be home and gave
the baby wish name had been given to him as Wookie but she took the
best care of him actualy better then i would have cause i would have
actualy gave up and had him helped cross over to the bridge sooner ,
but katy like me wanted to fight forthis little guys to save him like
i did the first time this happened to me back in 13 yrs ago, so i let
her, she did everything right by the book as i have tought her and
withthe helpof out great vet drs, they to had told her he had a slim
chanch but Katy said as least lets try, I dsaid ok and left Wookie with
her and went on to Little Rock to my see my God daughter and say my
good by to her, Katy and I had talked thru the day and she even fill me
in what was going on while i was down there, and i knew from what she
was sayin the baby was trying to pass and she was trying to save him,
after 14 hours of being 3 hours away from home hardly any sleep i was
an hour from home when katy called me last night at 9 to say i think
hes took a turn for the worse and hes dieing, i had already knew he was
going when she called me a couple hours befor and told me what he was
doing, anyways i told her to hold him and love him that i was an bout
another hour from home, by the time i got there and took him he was
taking his last breath i kisses him loved on him and told him about the
rainbow bridge and held him to my chest and i was telling Katy she had
done a wonderderful job careing for the baby like she did and while we
was talking i felt him jerk a tiny bet and he was gone, This was Katys
first experance with a tiny baby ferret sence she been a partner and
join my shelter 2 years ago and it tore her up big time like it did me
the first time it happened to me back 14 yrs ago, Theres not a darn vet
dr in the world that could have saved this baby, not me you or even
katy could save this baby knowing he was heading for the other side,
but what that baby did get that no other tiny baby ferret that was
probly picked up by mistake at the marshelles farms and so tiny and
young to be trown in the back of the store to let die or whatever they
do to them Tiny Wookie got just alittle over 24 hours of extrea Love
and t.l.c. he deserved befor his passing last night. I just wanted you
all to know what a great ferret partner i had and that things should
start setteling down and i need to get back into the swing of things
and not let other people hurt me behind the screen to get me down or
i am going to go totely insane Cause i feel at lost when im not here
reading on the forum or fml and posting and enjoying you as family
here. Thank you all for you loving support of friendships and
encouragement to try and keep going, and BarbBurnett Im sorry i didnt
get to come and see you and the family but i just had to get back home
to be there for Katy for when the baby ferret did leave here cause i
knew how it would going affected her,.

HUgs to you all
Susan
Arkansas Ferret Rescue Shelter for the Hospice and Sp Needs..