From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 20:39:48 -0500
To Diane with the GSD puppy,
Congratulations!  Next you must join the [log in to unmask] for a truly
great group of GSD lovers.  My ferret, now three months old and my dog
Merlin (6 years) are having a wonderful time together.  Meeko (ferret) lives
in a huge cage during the day but after work she and Merlin have the run of
the bedroom and hall.  The house is full of crash, boom, bangs but no
screams or growls.  The only problem we had was Meeko's attempts to bite dog
feet.  A liberal spray of bitter-apple on the dog discouraged this and now
they're great friends.  Merlin uses the side of his head to pin her to the
ground and she leaps off of anything to bite his collar.  Don't be surprised
if your puppy tries to herd the ferret but I think with time, supervision,
treats and bitter apple you will find they are best friends.

Melissa
Meeko (nicknames: the Mouse, Mistress Meeko Dominatrix of Dogs)
Merlin (I learned how to sit on the Dominatrix today!)