From:
Kalaine Tarantelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:47:15 +0000
Hi,
I haven't posted in a while.  My ferret Taz-arina had adrenal surgery
yesterday.  Her tumor was on the left side, and the right gland, for
now, looked fine.  I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on
the following:

1. How long did you have to keep your ferret in their sick cage w/ little
exercise?  My vet said Taz has to stay in the sick cage for 10 days.
She is sleepy now, but I think in a couple of days she will be batty.
Jezzy-belle, my other female ferret is going crazy to get at Taz.  I held
her tight, and let them sniff each other for about 15 seconds, but that
made Jezzy worse.  Now she really wants to be w/ Taz.

2. Could anyone tell me what a normal ferret temp is?  Taz feels warm to
the touch, (is this normal after surgery?)and I am going to try to take
her temp.  I have never been good at this, and my husband won't even
assist me.  He thinks scruffing is cruel, hopefully tonight he will see
it is necessary.  Does anyone have any advice on how to make taking a
temp easier?

3. How long did your ferret look out of it, after surgery?  Taz was
on pain meds until we brought her home today.  She is starting to get
irritable.  I wish they had given me some pain meds to take home.  All
they gave me was antibiotics.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Kalaine