Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:49:49 EDT
Concerning the shelter with ferrets in trouble:GCFA

I went to www.Tribune.com and then to WGN, and asked them to write an
article about GCFA.  I will check out local paper for add to run.  GCFA
is beseiged with ferrets.

I will be gone until next Tues.  I leave Thursday after an 11 hour day
at work.  Do not think I will have time to read e-mails.  But GCFA phone
number is 708-442-8650, and is by Brookfield Zoo for those of you who
could also email the papers.  The more people-the better our chances.
Otherwise, my note may be discarded.

I wrote that they are desperate.  There are heartbreaking stories, and
only one person working 11 plus hours a day and a few part time people
caring for 70 more ferrets than the shelter was ever intended to hold.
We need volunteers and qualified people to adopt, and donations.  Could
they go out there and do a story?

I thank all of you for your help.  Someone is trying to rescue the ferrets
at the HS slated for euthenasia this week.  Some of these are 8week old
babies, we have been told.  None of us could get there when I spoke with
Norm on Sunday.  I pray someone can rescue them and give them a wonderful
home.

Lisette