From:
Sharon H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 21:41:23 -0700
Hi all.
I've been lurking for quite a while and feel like I've gotten to know so
many of you wonderful ferret lovers.  I have 4 ferts and I'm so depressed
right now that I can't even bear to tell you about my wonderful ferrets
because 3 out of 4 of them and really sick now: adrenal problems, ulcers,
and probably lymphatic cancer.  I'm really too sad to even tell you my
troubles.

I'm writing for a coworker who has 6 ferrets.  One of her little girls had
adrenal surgery about 2-3 months ago, done by a great vet in our area
(NJ)who is a really good ferret vet.  Daisy is now showing signs of problems
with the other adrenal and, since she had some problems with anesthesia last
time, her mom would like to try lysodren first.  The vet gave her the
lysodren tablets but the tablets are 500 mg.  and she has to find a way to
accurately give her ferret 1/100 tablet once daily for 5 days.  At the vets
suggestion, she called a couple of pharmacists to see if anyone would divide
the dose for her and put it into a capsule as, apparently, the capsule has
to dissolve in the stomach for the lysodren to be utilized.  (It seems that
dissolving the medication in water is not an option.) No pharmacist was
willing to do this as they were concerned about being able to divide a
tablet accurately into such a small dose.  Has anyone on the FML used
lysodren?  Is this a common problem with this medication?  We would
appreciate any suggestion or experiences any of you can share with us.
Please email me at <[log in to unmask]> or reply on the FML if you
prefer.

Dayna, God bless you and Foggy - you're terrific.
Thanks, BIG, you do a great job.
Sincerely,
        Sharon